- Ace Decore
- Acme Furniture
- Adesso Inc.
- Aeon Furniture
- AICO Furniture
- Arason Enterprises
- At Home USA
- Atlantic Furniture
- Beverly Hills Furniture Inc.
- CasaBianca Furniture
- Chintaly Imports Furniture
- Classic Home Furniture
- Coaster Co.
- Creative Furniture
- Diamond Sofa
- DomItalia Furniture
- East End Imports
- ESF Furniture
- Fine Mod Imports
- Furniture of America
- Innovation USA
- J&M Furniture
- Je Point Furnishings
- Kalora Interiors Inc.
- Kodiak Furniture
- Lifestyle Solutions
- Lumi Source
- Matrix Imports Furniture
- MDD Office Furniture
- Mod Manhattan
- Modern Manhattan
- Nat & Son Furniture
- Night and Day
- Nova Lighting
- Otis Bed
- Prepac Furniture
- Source Outdoor
- Tema Home
- TOV Furniture
- Unique Furniture
- VIG Furniture
- Walker Edison
- Zuo Modern
Coffee Table for the Interior of the Living Room
The living room is the heart of any home. And any person strives to make it comfortable, harmonious and cozy, and at the same time to give the interior design originality and individuality. Today, in most living rooms, you can find several basic elements such as sofas, armchairs and, of course, a coffee table.
The history of the coffee table began in the second half of the nineteenth century. It was created by Edward William Godwin. Then the table had a height of about 27.55 inches. The traditional appearance of the table has been acquired later. There is no unified theory about the source of the Godwin's idea to create such an interesting and functional accessory. There are theories that the author was inspired by the culture of the luxurious Osman Empire, or the mysterious Japan.
Types of coffee tables
The idea of coffee table was quickly picked up by the leading furniture manufacturers, and soon it became a fashionable part of all the rich European houses. At that times, it was made of certain types of wood, Murano glass, natural stone or copper alloys.
Today, coffee tables, made of a variety of materials that can be found at the market. Models also differ in design, features and construction. All of them are divided into three types:
• Functional. It has a large worktop, and a large number of shelves and boxes for storing various things;
• Transformer. The coffee table has a special design that allows it to turn into an ottoman, a certain number of other tables, or in a dining table;
• Decorative. It plays the role of a decorative element, it is rarely used for its intended purpose. It differs in its original design and materials of manufacture.
Rules on choosing coffee tables
When choosing a coffee table, you should pay attention to a few key points:
• The general style of the living room;
• The color of the table should harmonize with the color scheme of the living room and emphasize its design, even if it is used as a bright accent in the interior;
• The size of the room and the location of the intended placement of the table.
The most popular wooden coffee tables, as the tree harmoniously emphasizes any style of the room and is suitable for any color scheme of the design. It is easy to take care of.
If the floor in the living room is made of a parquet board or laminate, a wooden table perfectly complements it and will present the room in a more advantageous light. For an ideally harmonious combination of colors in the room, you can add a sofa or an armchair with several decorative pillows, the color of which is similar to that of the countertop.
Also coffee tables with a glass table top and legs made of a variety of materials are popular as well, thanks to their stylish appearance and the ability to visually increase space.
The coffee table in the living room attracts all views, the basic interior items are arranged around it. Therefore, to the choice of it must be approached very carefully: starting with the purpose of the accessory, and ending with the material of manufacture.
You might be interested in
Bedroom 11 articles
- › 10 Different Styles for Bedroom
- › 5 Unique Styles of kids Bedrooms
- › Armchair for the Interior of the Bedroom
- › Cabinet Bed is the Functional Solution for More Free Space
- › Chest and Dresser Style Guide
- › Choosing a bed
- › How to buy a Bedroom Set?
Dining Room 8 articles
- › 10 Ideas of Thanksgiving Day dining room sets
- › 12 styles of Modern and Traditional Dining Chairs
- › 8 Remarkable Round Dining Tables
- › Chairs by danish design
- › How to choose dining Set
- › How to choose the chairs for dining room or kitchen
- › Most expensive sets
FAQ 7 articles
Home Office Furniture 8 articles
Living Room 16 articles
- › 3 reasons to buy a wall unit for your apartment
- › Are you sure that you are able to choose a perfect area rug?
- › Coffee Table for the Interior of the Living Room
- › Different styles of bright sofas
- › English flair in the interior
- › How to choose a coffee table?
- › How to choose a sofa?
- › How to choose a TV stand?
- › How to choose a wall unit?
- › How to Choose and Caring of Leather Sofa at Home
- › How to Pick a Sofa Bed: A Quick Guide to Your Best Decision
- › Le Corbusier Furniture
- › Leather furniture. Some tips and hints.
- › Lightings in Home
- › Mid-Century Modern Sofa Beds
- › Types of recliners
Various & Interesting 11 articles
- › "Big Apple Futons and more" Furniture Store in NYC
- › 8 Perfect Types of Furniture for Small Apartment
- › Back to School Sale!
- › Big Apple Style Furniture
- › Furniture made of solid wood
- › Good and bad reviews
- › HI-TECH STYLE IN INTERIOR