- Ace Decore
- Acme Furniture
- Adesso Inc.
- Aeon Furniture
- AICO Furniture
- Arason Enterprises
- At Home USA
- Atlantic Furniture
- Beverly Hills Furniture Inc.
- CasaBianca Furniture
- Chintaly Imports Furniture
- Classic Home Furniture
- Coaster Co.
- Creative Furniture
- Diamond Sofa
- DomItalia Furniture
- East End Imports
- ESF Furniture
- Fine Mod Imports
- Furniture of America
- Innovation USA
- J&M Furniture
- Kalora Interiors Inc.
- Kodiak Furniture
- Lifestyle Solutions
- Lumi Source
- Matrix Imports Furniture
- MDD Office Furniture
- Mod Manhattan
- Modern Manhattan
- Night and Day
- Nova Lighting
- Otis Bed
- Prepac Furniture
- Source Outdoor
- Tema Home
- TOV Furniture
- Unique Furniture
- VIG Furniture
- Walker Edison
- Zuo Modern
HI-TECH STYLE IN INTERIOR
If you enjoy the coldness of shiny metal, glass and plastic, appreciate modern technology, then you're truly a fan of hi-tech style. Interiors in high-tech style are characterized by an abundance of glass, metal, plastic and media/computer devices.
High-tech style is the newest of all. The style in the design of public and residential interiors came into being in the last third of the 20th century. It took its origin from the design of industrial premises. High-tech style is based on the popularity of science fiction cinema and literature and, of course, the emergence of ultra-modern materials.
Characteristics of high-tech style:
• minimalism & rationality
• cold, light colors
• straight lines and angles
• lack of ornaments and floral motifs
• prevalence of concrete, plastic, glass, metal
• inclusion of pipes, valves, air ducts into the interior
• use of metallic colors and finishes with luster
• variety of lighting, LED and concealed lighting
• plenty of modern technology
Textiles, drapery, carved details and an abundance of cushions are out of place in hi-tech interior. Floral motifs are very rarely used in this style.
Although clear shapes and angles dominates, some pieces of furniture and accessories can have smooth, but unusual shapes resembling space or technological/industrial style.
Use of high-tech style
High-tech style is often chosen when a large space is available. But if the room is small, you need to plan the design to visually expand the space. That's why hi-tech style often uses mirrors that "push" the walls. Small, not flat screen TV will look ridiculous in high-tech room. For such space you need a large LCD/ plasma TV or home cinema.
The living room can be combined with home office, because any computer and media devices blend harmoniously with the high-tech interior.
The main colors are cool gray and white. However, bright colors with metallic gloss serve as excellent accents. For these purposes use neon green, orange, red and black.
It is preferably use smooth and glossy floor covering: glossy laminate or linoleum, ceramic tiles.
Avoid wallpaper with floral motifs, checked and stripped patterns. For walls, you can choose plain wallpaper or use glossy mirror panels.
Furniture should be glossy, light and laminated. Compact wall units, shelves, TV stands and cabinets with a glossy sheen fit well the hi-tech interior.
Furniture can be decorated with chrome accents and glass; it may be shelves, coffee tables, TV cabinets, etc.
Upholstered furniture has one-color upholstery. It can be a fabric or leather, but preferably smooth and shiny.
Chairs or armchairs in the dining room can be plastic, including transparent models.
A few pieces of furniture with bizarre shapes will become wonderful decoration of the room. Use unusual and unique chair, original coffee table and more.
Accessories and decor
High-tech style interiors have no use for additional decor. After all, plenty of light, chrome and glossy surfaces perfectly match any interior. But if the room lacks comfort and coziness, you can use the original floor and table lamps, made of metal, glass and plastic. Surrealist paintings, metal statues, original glass decor add extra glamour and urban chic.
For those who love high-tech style we picked up the original collection of furniture pieces to completely transform your home in modern high-tech style.
You might be interested in
Bedroom 11 articles
- › 10 Different Styles for Bedroom
- › 5 Unique Styles of kids Bedrooms
- › Armchair for the Interior of the Bedroom
- › Cabinet Bed is the Functional Solution for More Free Space
- › Chest and Dresser Style Guide
- › Choosing a bed
- › How to buy a Bedroom Set?
Dining Room 8 articles
- › 10 Ideas of Thanksgiving Day dining room sets
- › 12 styles of Modern and Traditional Dining Chairs
- › 8 Remarkable Round Dining Tables
- › Chairs by danish design
- › How to choose dining Set
- › How to choose the chairs for dining room or kitchen
- › Most expensive sets
FAQ 7 articles
Home Office Furniture 8 articles
Living Room 16 articles
- › 3 reasons to buy a wall unit for your apartment
- › Are you sure that you are able to choose a perfect area rug?
- › Coffee Table for the Interior of the Living Room
- › Different styles of bright sofas
- › English flair in the interior
- › How to choose a coffee table?
- › How to choose a sofa?
- › How to choose a TV stand?
- › How to choose a wall unit?
- › How to Choose and Caring of Leather Sofa at Home
- › How to Pick a Sofa Bed: A Quick Guide to Your Best Decision
- › Le Corbusier Furniture
- › Leather furniture. Some tips and hints.
- › Lightings in Home
- › Mid-Century Modern Sofa Beds
- › Types of recliners
Various & Interesting 11 articles
- › "Big Apple Futons and more" Furniture Store in NYC
- › 8 Perfect Types of Furniture for Small Apartment
- › Back to School Sale!
- › Big Apple Style Furniture
- › Furniture made of solid wood
- › Good and bad reviews
- › HI-TECH STYLE IN INTERIOR