- Ace Decore
- Acme Furniture
- Adesso Inc.
- Aeon Furniture
- AICO Furniture
- Arason Enterprises
- At Home USA
- Atlantic Furniture
- Beverly Hills Furniture Inc.
- CasaBianca Furniture
- Chintaly Imports Furniture
- Classic Home Furniture
- Coaster Co.
- Creative Furniture
- Diamond Sofa
- DomItalia Furniture
- East End Imports
- ESF Furniture
- Fine Mod Imports
- Furniture of America
- Innovation USA
- J&M Furniture
- Kalora Interiors Inc.
- Kodiak Furniture
- Lifestyle Solutions
- Matrix Imports Furniture
- MDD Office Furniture
- Mod Manhattan
- Modern Manhattan
- Night and Day
- Nova Lighting
- Otis Bed
- Prepac Furniture
- Serta Mattress
- Source Outdoor
- Tema Home
- TOV Furniture
- Unique Furniture
- VIG Furniture
- Walker Edison
- Zuo Modern
How to Choose and Caring of Leather Sofa at Home
Fashion for the interior design is very changeable, every season admires with new design ideas. But there are materials that are always in trend, regardless of trends. Upholstered furniture like natural leather is an eternally topical classic, a sign of the exquisite taste and prosperity of its owner.
New technologies of leather processing allow to receive a rich assortment of high-quality coatings of different colors, texture, thickness and softness. At skilful selection of leather furniture model will completely open the best qualities; beauty, comfortableness, durability. For this you need to know about the basic properties of the leather.
Structure of leather
For the production of furniture, two types of genuine leather are used:
- Aniline leather is the outer surface of the skin with its inherent natural relief.
- Semi-aniline leather is a more gentle material of constant thickness, the texture of which depends on the method of manufacture.
The density of the coating is chosen depending on the expected intensity of use. An aniline leather is suitable for upholstered furniture in the dining room or living room. For a study room or a bedroom, you can choose a variant with a thin and soft upholstery from the middle layer.
Thickness of leather
The main aspect of choosing the thickness of the leather cover is the shape of the furniture:
- Furniture with rounded forms is embroidered with a thin skin, it is more malleable and emphasizes the smoothness of the silhouette.
- Furniture with clear geometric shapes, formed by straight lines, corners and protrusions, is more demanding for the upholstery strength. For this design is better to suit with a thicker material of greater thickness.
Quality of leather
If a crumpled piece of leather in your hand quickly takes on its original form, the leather is qualitative. You can test your furniture: try to sit down or even lie down on it. The product should be comfortable, pleasant to the touch, not to make extraneous squeaks and not to have an unpleasant smell.
To talk about durability can only be if you carry out competent care for leather sofa. It is worth noting that care is not only careful treatment of the surface of the sofa with a rag with the use of special tools. That's why you need to take into account a number of other equally important factors.
Careful transportation and competent location
If you have purchased a leather sofa or chairs, be sure to follow several rules when transporting them. So, each object should be covered with a cloth or a film that would protect the furniture from mechanical damage due to contact with other surfaces.
If this rule is not observed, there is a risk of getting a spoiled sofa, because even a small scratch can completely ruin the appearance of the new sofa. In addition, you need to properly place the sofa.
It should be remembered that leather furniture does not like temperature changes and direct sunlight. That's why you should not put new chairs or sofa near the batteries and near the solar windows.
How to use leather care products?
Often you can hear that in the care of leather furniture you will be helped by alcohol, soap solution or oil. The use of them categorically is contraindicated, if you do not want to spoil the sofa after the first careful cleaning. It is important to remember: from alcohol and soap, leather furniture will simply dry up and be covered with small cracks, which after a while will begin to destroy the structure of the leather.
To preserve the appearance of furniture you need to use only special products to care of leather furniture, which are sold in all stores. Of course, many may be embarrassed by their relatively high price, but buying a new leather headset or repairing an existing one will cost far more.
What is needed to remember when caring of leather furniture?
- Wipe upholstered furniture several times in a week with special napkins for furniture.
- 2-3 times a year, clean furniture using an air conditioner, but for reliability, take out chairs and sofas for dry cleaning.
- If you accidentally spilled something on furniture, you need to remove the liquid as soon as possible so that it does not get absorbed into the pores of the leather. Otherwise, washing the stain will be very difficult.
Use only suitable cleaning products for leather furniture. Particular attention should be paid to care for light furniture sets. Stains on such furniture can appear when in contact with a fabric with a poor-quality or unstable color, for example, when in contact with jeans. Therefore, the care for such interior items will be harder.
You might be interested in
Bedroom 11 articles
- › 10 Different Styles for Bedroom
- › 5 Unique Styles of kids Bedrooms
- › Armchair for the Interior of the Bedroom
- › Cabinet Bed is the Functional Solution for More Free Space
- › Chest and Dresser Style Guide
- › Choosing a bed
- › How to buy a Bedroom Set?
Dining Room 8 articles
- › 10 Ideas of Thanksgiving Day dining room sets
- › 12 styles of Modern and Traditional Dining Chairs
- › 8 Remarkable Round Dining Tables
- › Chairs by danish design
- › How to choose dining Set
- › How to choose the chairs for dining room or kitchen
- › Most expensive sets
FAQ 7 articles
Home Office Furniture 7 articles
Living Room 16 articles
- › 3 reasons to buy a wall unit for your apartment
- › Are you sure that you are able to choose a perfect area rug?
- › Coffee Table for the Interior of the Living Room
- › Different styles of bright sofas
- › English flair in the interior
- › How to choose a coffee table?
- › How to choose a sofa?
- › How to choose a TV stand?
- › How to choose a wall unit?
- › How to Choose and Caring of Leather Sofa at Home
- › How to Pick a Sofa Bed: A Quick Guide to Your Best Decision
- › Le Corbusier Furniture
- › Leather furniture. Some tips and hints.
- › Lightings in Home
- › Mid-Century Modern Sofa Beds
- › Types of recliners
Various & Interesting 10 articles
- › "Big Apple Futons and more" Furniture Store in NYC
- › 8 Perfect Types of Furniture for Small Apartment
- › Back to School Sale!
- › Big Apple Style Furniture
- › Furniture made of solid wood
- › Good and bad reviews
- › HI-TECH STYLE IN INTERIOR