- Ace Decore
- Acme Furniture
- Adesso Inc.
- Aeon Furniture
- AICO Furniture
- Arason Enterprises
- At Home USA
- Atlantic Furniture
- Beverly Hills Furniture Inc.
- CasaBianca Furniture
- Chintaly Imports Furniture
- Classic Home Furniture
- Coaster Co.
- Creative Furniture
- Diamond Sofa
- DomItalia Furniture
- East End Imports
- ESF Furniture
- Fine Mod Imports
- Furniture of America
- Innovation USA
- J&M Furniture
- Kalora Interiors Inc.
- Kodiak Furniture
- Lifestyle Solutions
- Matrix Imports Furniture
- MDD Office Furniture
- Mod Manhattan
- Modern Manhattan
- Night and Day
- Nova Lighting
- Otis Bed
- Prepac Furniture
- Serta Mattress
- Source Outdoor
- Tema Home
- TOV Furniture
- Unique Furniture
- VIG Furniture
- Walker Edison
- Zuo Modern
How to Pick a Sofa Bed: A Quick Guide to Your Best Decision
1. Accept the compromise and prioritize
A sofa bed is never going to be either the best sofa or the best bed in the store. Some manufacturers emphasize sitting comfort, others sleeping comfort, and it’s quite difficult to find them perfectly balanced. And if you do, it might not be worth it financially. So, first of all decide which function of the sofa bed you’re going to use more often.
2. Consider size and location
Make sure your doors are wide enough and, if they aren’t, go for a demountable option that you can assemble in the room already. Don’t be afraid of corner models – they happen to be quite handy for “inconvenient” corners that you can’t use otherwise, and help you save precious space in the rest of the room.
3. Think about the upholstery and the filling
Tissue is slightly more tolerant to regular cleaning than leather, and is considerably cheaper. It is also a bit more comfortable to sleep on. Leather, in contrast, is overall more durable, more expensive and fancier. It is also the best option is you have pets, especially cats, since natural leather is the easiest material to hide scratches and will keep looking good for many years.
The filling can be just spongy material or reinforced with springs, and again it depends on what you’re planning to use your sofa bed for. Spring support is better for comfortable sleep, while no springs make the sitting place softer. At the same time, not everybody likes to sit on soft surfaces, so maybe in your case spring support works equally well for both functions.
4. Get acquainted with transformation options
There are numerous systems for converting a sofa to a bed and back, but the most common ones are the traditional pull-out sofa bed, futon furniture, and davenports. Every mechanism has its advantages and disadvantages, such as sturdiness of the mechanism itself, easiness of transformation, possibility to have a bedding storage place, size and evenness of the sleeping surface. To make it short, the best way to understand what is the best mechanism for you is to come to the store and try it out rather than research endless options online. Maybe in person you’ll like something that didn’t draw your attention by text description, or notice inconveniences to a system that you hadn’t thought about while reading about it.
"Innovation" Dual Sofa Bed | Oak Legs
You might be interested in
Bedroom 11 articles
- › 10 Different Styles for Bedroom
- › 5 Unique Styles of kids Bedrooms
- › Armchair for the Interior of the Bedroom
- › Cabinet Bed is the Functional Solution for More Free Space
- › Chest and Dresser Style Guide
- › Choosing a bed
- › How to buy a Bedroom Set?
Dining Room 8 articles
- › 10 Ideas of Thanksgiving Day dining room sets
- › 12 styles of Modern and Traditional Dining Chairs
- › 8 Remarkable Round Dining Tables
- › Chairs by danish design
- › How to choose dining Set
- › How to choose the chairs for dining room or kitchen
- › Most expensive sets
FAQ 7 articles
Home Office Furniture 8 articles
Living Room 16 articles
- › 3 reasons to buy a wall unit for your apartment
- › Are you sure that you are able to choose a perfect area rug?
- › Coffee Table for the Interior of the Living Room
- › Different styles of bright sofas
- › English flair in the interior
- › How to choose a coffee table?
- › How to choose a sofa?
- › How to choose a TV stand?
- › How to choose a wall unit?
- › How to Choose and Caring of Leather Sofa at Home
- › How to Pick a Sofa Bed: A Quick Guide to Your Best Decision
- › Le Corbusier Furniture
- › Leather furniture. Some tips and hints.
- › Lightings in Home
- › Mid-Century Modern Sofa Beds
- › Types of recliners
Various & Interesting 11 articles
- › "Big Apple Futons and more" Furniture Store in NYC
- › 8 Perfect Types of Furniture for Small Apartment
- › Back to School Sale!
- › Big Apple Style Furniture
- › Furniture made of solid wood
- › Good and bad reviews
- › HI-TECH STYLE IN INTERIOR