- Ace Decore
- Acme Furniture
- Adesso Inc.
- Aeon Furniture
- AICO Furniture
- Arason Enterprises
- At Home USA
- Atlantic Furniture
- Beverly Hills Furniture Inc.
- CasaBianca Furniture
- Chintaly Imports Furniture
- Classic Home Furniture
- Coaster Co.
- Creative Furniture
- Diamond Sofa
- DomItalia Furniture
- East End Imports
- ESF Furniture
- Fine Mod Imports
- Furniture of America
- Innovation USA
- J&M Furniture
- Kalora Interiors Inc.
- Kodiak Furniture
- Lifestyle Solutions
- Matrix Imports Furniture
- MDD Office Furniture
- Mod Manhattan
- Modern Manhattan
- Night and Day
- Nova Lighting
- Otis Bed
- Prepac Furniture
- Serta Mattress
- Source Outdoor
- Tema Home
- TOV Furniture
- Unique Furniture
- VIG Furniture
- Walker Edison
- Zuo Modern
Mid-Century Modern Sofa Beds
Why does mid-century modern style in furniture so popular?
Why do customers and manufacturers like its clean-lined and straightforward look?
Let's find out!
Clean lines, functional design, combination of wood and graphic patterns make Mid-Century Modern Furniture classic at all times. The admirers of this style find perfect reproductions of vintage sofas and sleepers, lounge chairs and decorative accent to enhance their rooms' interior. The products represent the stylish furniture pieces of iconic makers such as George Nelson, Arne Jacobsen, Charles and Ray Eames, Harry Bertoia.
Charles and Ray Eames
Simplicity and integration with nature.
The mid-century modern sofa beds are one of the most popular furniture pieces today. They reflect particular look of simple design. These sofa beds emphasize geometric shapes, curves and angles instead of the ornate and classic appearance common in furniture of the pre-World War II era.
This clean-lined look is combined with advances in technology. Mid-Century Modern sleepers offer a retro-look respecting the practicalness and comfort. Adorned with a timeless look, they look well in contemporary and classic interiors. Mid-century modern furniture feels fresh and up-to-date today.
Whether you're a furniture lover or a fan of contemporary classic design, you are sure to find the exact mid-century modern sofa bed you're looking for.
Interesting to know!
A bit of history of Mid-Century Modern style in the end.
A term "Midcentury modern" is originated by Cara Greenberg to describe a specific style of architecture and furniture design. It generally describes furniture, architecture and graphic design of the mid of the 20th century. The style was emerged primarily in the years following World War II. It is characterized by an energetic and optimistic spirit of good living. Clean-lined, elegantly simple and organically-shaped are three words that describe Mid-century Modern furniture.
Plain materials with industrial function became available for house goods and later were incorporated into Mid-century modern furniture designs. The manufacturers had experimented extensively with molded plywood, fiberglass, wire mesh an others.
Most of the furniture designs had gone out of trend by the late 60s. But in 80s interest to Midcentury modern began to return. As the years passed, the 90s brought about reissues of many iconic designs.
You might be interested in
Bedroom 11 articles
- › 10 Different Styles for Bedroom
- › 5 Unique Styles of kids Bedrooms
- › Armchair for the Interior of the Bedroom
- › Cabinet Bed is the Functional Solution for More Free Space
- › Chest and Dresser Style Guide
- › Choosing a bed
- › How to buy a Bedroom Set?
Dining Room 8 articles
- › 10 Ideas of Thanksgiving Day dining room sets
- › 12 styles of Modern and Traditional Dining Chairs
- › 8 Remarkable Round Dining Tables
- › Chairs by danish design
- › How to choose dining Set
- › How to choose the chairs for dining room or kitchen
- › Most expensive sets
FAQ 7 articles
Home Office Furniture 7 articles
Living Room 16 articles
- › 3 reasons to buy a wall unit for your apartment
- › Are you sure that you are able to choose a perfect area rug?
- › Coffee Table for the Interior of the Living Room
- › Different styles of bright sofas
- › English flair in the interior
- › How to choose a coffee table?
- › How to choose a sofa?
- › How to choose a TV stand?
- › How to choose a wall unit?
- › How to Choose and Caring of Leather Sofa at Home
- › How to Pick a Sofa Bed: A Quick Guide to Your Best Decision
- › Le Corbusier Furniture
- › Leather furniture. Some tips and hints.
- › Lightings in Home
- › Mid-Century Modern Sofa Beds
- › Types of recliners
Various & Interesting 10 articles
- › "Big Apple Futons and more" Furniture Store in NYC
- › 8 Perfect Types of Furniture for Small Apartment
- › Back to School Sale!
- › Big Apple Style Furniture
- › Furniture made of solid wood
- › Good and bad reviews
- › HI-TECH STYLE IN INTERIOR