- Ace Decore
- Acme Furniture
- Adesso Inc.
- Aeon Furniture
- AICO Furniture
- Arason Enterprises
- At Home USA
- Atlantic Furniture
- Beverly Hills Furniture Inc.
- CasaBianca Furniture
- Chintaly Imports Furniture
- Classic Home Furniture
- Coaster Co.
- Creative Furniture
- Diamond Sofa
- DomItalia Furniture
- East End Imports
- ESF Furniture
- Fine Mod Imports
- Furniture of America
- Innovation USA
- J&M Furniture
- Kalora Interiors Inc.
- Kodiak Furniture
- Lifestyle Solutions
- Matrix Imports Furniture
- MDD Office Furniture
- Mod Manhattan
- Modern Manhattan
- Night and Day
- Nova Lighting
- Otis Bed
- Prepac Furniture
- Serta Mattress
- Source Outdoor
- Tema Home
- TOV Furniture
- Unique Furniture
- VIG Furniture
- Walker Edison
- Zuo Modern
Types of recliners
For nearly 100 years, recliners have been a classic furniture piece of American households but times have changed! Today reclining chairs are one of the popular chairs because they will let you put your feet up after a hard day. As the name suggests, the recliner allows the user to raise its footrest and lower its back, using it in a reclining position.
If you come to a furniture store, you'll see different types of recliners on display. But there are not so many styles - we picked out 4 main types:
1. Recliners with ottomans
2. Swivel recliners
3. Rocker recliners
4. Home theatre seating recliners
1. Recliners with Ottomans
These chairs are great for total relaxation. If you need a perfect footrest, ottomans paired with the chair accommodate all your relaxing needs. Recliners with ottomans take up more space than standard pieces due to its two-piece combination. They are traditional and modern in design so they fit well any home decor.
2. Swivel Recliners
Designed with a base that can rotate or swivel the body of the chair at will, swivel recliners are one of the most popular options for convenient seating. These reclining chairs are often constructed to allow the body of the chair to rock back and forth, changing your view without changing your position.
3. Rocker Recliners
Known to be the most popular type of recliners, they typically have several reclining angles. The footrest can be set up, but the back does not have to go all the way back to do so. Rocker recliner is more appropriate for small spaces because you can put it closer to the wall.
4. Home Theatre Seating Recliners
Adaptable recliners can be connected together to create a full sized home theater seating or can work separately as well. This theater seating chair often has additional options such as hidden storage armrests and built-in consoles to make you movie night pleasing. Enjoy your movie with the comfort of home theatre seating reclining chairs.
Also reclining chairs are divided into manual and power motion/electric.
Manual Recliners have two arms and a reclining action. Simply lean back to recline your chair and relax! This will trigger a mechanism that elevates the footrest.
Power Motion/Electric Recliners feature a mechanism that allows users to recline the chair by pressing a button located on the handset. They are a great way to relax.
We can give you several tips how to choose the perfect recliner:
Select the upholstery. There is a range of upholsteries to choose from: recliners can be covered in leather, fabric, microfiber, velvet, chenille, corduroy and more. Leather reclining chairs are luxurious looking but are more likely to be damaged by pets. Chenille or corduroy are durable and stain-resistant and feels comfortable against your skin. Do not forget to choose appropriate pattern and color to fit your room decor.
Choose the right size. Some recliners can have different sizes - compact, standard or oversized. Measure the space where you want to place your chair. Most reclining chairs, especially rocking recliners, need approximately three feet of space behind them to allow them to recline fully.
Additional options. All recliners recline, but there are chairs that have extra options for your convenience. Some of them have built-in cup holders, speakers or even massaging features. These options will depend only on your personal preferences and budget.
You might be interested in
Bedroom 11 articles
- › 10 Different Styles for Bedroom
- › 5 Unique Styles of kids Bedrooms
- › Armchair for the Interior of the Bedroom
- › Cabinet Bed is the Functional Solution for More Free Space
- › Chest and Dresser Style Guide
- › Choosing a bed
- › How to buy a Bedroom Set?
Dining Room 8 articles
- › 10 Ideas of Thanksgiving Day dining room sets
- › 12 styles of Modern and Traditional Dining Chairs
- › 8 Remarkable Round Dining Tables
- › Chairs by danish design
- › How to choose dining Set
- › How to choose the chairs for dining room or kitchen
- › Most expensive sets
FAQ 7 articles
Home Office Furniture 8 articles
Living Room 16 articles
- › 3 reasons to buy a wall unit for your apartment
- › Are you sure that you are able to choose a perfect area rug?
- › Coffee Table for the Interior of the Living Room
- › Different styles of bright sofas
- › English flair in the interior
- › How to choose a coffee table?
- › How to choose a sofa?
- › How to choose a TV stand?
- › How to choose a wall unit?
- › How to Choose and Caring of Leather Sofa at Home
- › How to Pick a Sofa Bed: A Quick Guide to Your Best Decision
- › Le Corbusier Furniture
- › Leather furniture. Some tips and hints.
- › Lightings in Home
- › Mid-Century Modern Sofa Beds
- › Types of recliners
Various & Interesting 11 articles
- › "Big Apple Futons and more" Furniture Store in NYC
- › 8 Perfect Types of Furniture for Small Apartment
- › Back to School Sale!
- › Big Apple Style Furniture
- › Furniture made of solid wood
- › Good and bad reviews
- › HI-TECH STYLE IN INTERIOR